|75% of American families are dealing with some type of substance abuse with one or more family members, and do not
know how to make the madness stop. They want so much for their loved-one to just STOP! You wonder why they can’t
stop on their own. You’ve begged & pleaded, but still no change.
Oklahoma leads the nation in prescription pain pill abuse and is killing more and more of our young people, including our younger brother. These statistics are real and are breaking families apart.
It’s a frightening proposition that can cause all other family members to trade-in the focus on their own lives for the chaos of the Alcoholic / Addict.
You may not feel like it now, BUT, IT IS A SOLVEABLE PROBLEM!
If you live with the pain of having a family member who fits this category, or, possibly even you, don’t give up hope! We can explain everything you need to know about how to begin turning your situation around, and you won’t have to do it alone!
Alcoholism, Addiction, and Mental Illness are cunning & baffling. Regardless of how many treatments you’ve tried in the past, Justin’s Lighthouse offers real solutions that can change the course of the entire family.
We know how to help – We’ve lived it, We’ve beaten it, and by God’s grace we help families who are ready to do the same!
|JUSTIN’S LIGHTHOUSE – FOUNDED ON 4 PRINCIPLES
- Include God in the process until you come to rely on Him for all things
- Create an environment that feels safe, loving, and supportive
- Teach clients and their families how to think differently – becoming solution oriented
- Allow enough time for clients to work through old emotional hurts that fuel the desire to escape with alcohol or drugs.
We specialize in clients who have tried multiple treatment programs in the past but can’t stay sober. (we also work with people who have never been to treatment).
Our goal for families is a complete transformation, not just sobriety! We help families work through all the junk that has caused so much pain
15 REACTIONS FAMILIES HAVE WHEN A
LOVED- ONE IS AN ALCOHOLIC or ADDICT
- Make excuses for them
- Try to solve problems for them
- Get angry, then let them off the hook
- Feel responsible for their well-being
- Feel anxious when they have a problem
- Feel responsible for solving their problem, every time!
- Find yourself saying YES when you mean NO
- Feel victimized and unappreciated
- Stay busy so you don’t have to think about things
- Pretend things aren’t as bad as they really are
- Become a workaholic
- Watch problems get worse
- Feel like you are going crazy
- Want to believe the promises of change
- Say you won’t tolerate any more bad behavior…(Then allow it, just once more)
| 18 RED FLAGS THAT INDICATE A SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROBLEM
- Easily Angered
- Low Self-Esteem
- Seeing multiple Doctors / multiple pharmacies
- Going to multiple liquor stores
- Take 3 hours to run a 15 minute errand
- Unexplained expenses
- Unexplained dents & dings in the vehicle
- Slipping performance at work or school
- Less available for family responsibilities
- High Intelligence but seems to waste it
- Mood swings